This socialization activity on 28 March 2023 in Alila Hotel, Solo is a follow-up to the Kick-off Meeting which was held in Bandung on February 8 2023 with the main objective being to socialize the implementation of the project to textile companies located around Central Java and East Java regions.
This program is implemented to encourage transformation throughout the industry in terms of
the use of Chemical of Concerns including POPs which have become our concern so far, and
will be focused on the following areas: Supply chain transparency, investment in chemical
management and eco-innovation and Occupational Health and Safety.
In general, the companies present supported the implementation of this project as long as the
output of the project could increase the competitiveness of Indonesian textile products, both at
the national and global levels.
Points of discussion as follows:
- In the first year of activity, this project will focused more on collecting data and inventorying the use of chemicals (including B3, CoCs and POPs) in the textile industry. In this regard, the Ministry of Environment and Forestry and the Ministry of Industry emphasize the importance of transparency on the part of companies so that a comprehensive portrait of the state of the textile industry in Indonesia is obtained.
- During the implementation of this project, there will be no output in the form of rules/regulations. The Ministry of Environment and Forestry and the Ministry of Industry encourage/initiate a guideline related to eco-innovation, substitution of CoCs and POPs materials, so that the industry can prepare itself to face standards/regulations at the global level.
- In addition to being used to formulate policies at the national level, the information obtained from this inventory can also be ammunition for the Indonesian delegation at the BRS COP to strengthen interventions submitted by the Indonesian government.
- The government will ensure that all data obtained during project implementation is kept confidential as well as the BHive tools used will ensure their credentials.
- The industry expects a form of incentive that will facilitate the industrial world while increasing the competitiveness of the textile industry’s products.
- Implementation of inventory independently conduct by the company is very possible if the company has the capacity, if not then the experts from the project will assist its implementation. In this case the project is working with STTT Textile Bandung.