The National Stakeholder Consultation Workshop on the mercury-containing medical devices management project in Indonesia will be held on 12 January 2021 online. The workshop was held in collaboration between the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, the Ministry of Health, the Asian Institute of Technology Regional Resource Center for Asia and the Pacific (AIT PRC.AP) and BCRC-SCRC Indonesia. This workshop is supported by the Secretariat of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) with funding from The Japan-ASEAN Integration Fund (JAIF).
The aims of the workshop are as follows:
- Discuss the draft situation assessment report of medical measuring instruments (with inventory)
- Discuss the draft ESM technical guidelines for mercury waste from medical measuring instruments with relevant stakeholders in Indonesia
- Enabling relevant stakeholders to carry out an inventory of medical measuring instruments
The results or outputs expected from the workshop include the following:
- Situation assessment reports from medical measuring instruments (with the results of the inventory that has been carried out).
- ESM technical guideline for mercury waste from medical measuring instruments with relevant stakeholders in Indonesia.
- Reports of virtual consulting workshop meetings.